Plant Varieties in the EU Protection System: Webinars on 14 & 15 November 2019
Free online training sessions by the European IP Helpdesk and the Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO)
On 14 and 15 November 2019, the European IP Helpdesk and the Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO) will offer two new webinars in the field of intellectual property (IP) for plant varieties. Both sessions are free of charge and will focus on the technical examination (DUS tests) of varieties applying for Community Plant Variety Rights.
Held by CPVO experts, the webinars will show in detail how technical examinations are carried out at the CPVO and include a particular focus on specificities applied for seed propagated species (webinar n°1) and for vegetatively propagated plant species (webinar n°2).
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- What are the technical requirements for a Community Plant Variety Right (CPVR)?
- What does DUS test mean?
- What is the DUS testing network of the CPVO and how does it work?
- What is the relation between the CPVO, applicants and examination offices?
Registration is now open! Please make sure to save your seat in time via the following registration links:
- Webinar n°1, 14 November 10.30am CET: Focus on seed propagated species. Speaker: Anne Weitz, CPVO's technical expert for agricultural species
- Webinar n°2, 15 November 10.30am CET: Focus on vegetatively propagated plant species. Speaker: Jens Wegner, CPVO's technical expert for ornamental and fruit species